Wednesday, October 24, 2007

North Carolina neighborhood homeowners voice concerns over contamination at nearby site

October 23, 2007 - Residents living near the former CTS of Asheville plant are increasing their efforts to get the contaminated site on Mills Gap Road cleaned up.

Homeowners plan to appear on a community access television show tonight to voice concerns over contamination at the site, and they plan to meet with a lawyer Wednesday night to assess their legal options. They also are forming a nonprofit organization to help residents affected by the pollution.

“I’m just one of 80 or so people who have banded together to do whatever we can to make some noise about this,” resident Glen Horecky said. “I have two young children that play in my backyard, two dogs that play in my backyard and my wife is scared to death … It was one lie after another for the last 15 years and I bought into this mess.”

More . . .

No comments: