Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Home Hazard: Family's Residence in Prattville, AL Had Been Used as a Meth Lab

February 10, 2010- The only room in this one-story house safe enough for human inhabitation is a small, non-ventilated room with a toilet, and even that is toxic.

Brenda Maitland bought the house, hidden just off Alabama 59, about four years ago. It is where she, her husband and two young daughters were going to swim, ride their new horse, plant a garden -- make a home. But just after a week of living there, Maitland's youngest daughter got sick: sore throat, earaches, watery eyes, burning skin. They were the same symptoms that Brenda Maitland came down with while scrubbing the house the week before the family moved in.


No comments: